Peer Review 6/13

For the most part this piece meets the guidelines, but the details didn’t really start standing out to me until the last paragraph. The general impression given seems to be that Westport is a quiet, peaceful town more on the country side of things. The sharpest specific details in the piece are at end of your last paragraph when you’re describing being in the boat. The middle paragraph could use specifics. It just seems like a vague, text variation of a map, a little detail about the buildings your talking about and a little less history on them would make for a better read. For example, is there a certain smell the pizza parlor throws off? Any unique features to its structure? Same for the other places mentioned. As for detail order, I think it’s ordered very nicely and it wasn’t all over the place. You started with different places leading up to your favorite place concluding that the place is yours. It flowed together and the paragraphs were broken up fine as well.
Overall, it was a nice read! I’ve only been through Westport to get to neighboring towns, never really paid any mind to it, but it sounds like a beautiful place! Maybe I will check it out sometime.